I finally had some time to throw a new release of Redshift together. The most important change, for most of you, is probably the Geoclue location provider by Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre. The old GNOME clock location provider has stopped working for many, as Ubuntu no longer includes a clock applet in the unity desktop. This is fixed now with this new location provider, which should work right out-of-the-box on Ubuntu Natty systems.
Other news are:
- Allow brightness to be adjusted (-b).
- Provide option to set color temperature directly (Joe Hillenbrand).
- Add option to show program version (-V).
- Add configure.ac option to install ubuntu icons. They will no longer be installed by default (Francesco Marella).
- config: Look in %userprofile%/.config/redshift.conf on windows platform.
- Fix: w32gdi: Obtain a new DC handle on every adjustment. This fixes a bug where redshift stops updating the screen.